See Report Packager Overview for information on how Report Packages work before beginning the setup process.
To create a Report Package for ongoing use:
- Navigate to Grow Practice > Customization > Report Packages.
- Click in the upper right.
- Enter the Name of Package. This will appear on the Cover Page as the Report Title, so enter something that can be client-facing.
- Select the Type of Package (This will control where the report can be run from):
- Groups of Accounts: This report is meant to run on the Client or Household level.
- Accounts: This report is meant to run on the individual Account level.
- Optional: Make this report the company-wide default for its level. You can have one default Report Package each for Household, Client, or Account level reports. Company-wide default reports run on all Households, Clients, or Accounts that do not have a specific report assigned or the Suppress option set for reporting.
- Click .
- Verify your settings and click .
Select the pages to include in the reports and adjust any settings as needed. Click
to include the page in the list of included pages on the right.
See Report Packager Page Library for details on each page option and the settings associated with them.
On any added page, you can enter a new Report Name for the page of up to 24 characters. This will display in the Report builder and on the header of the PDF pages when created.
Once a page is added to the report you can use the page controls to edit, reorder, or remove the page from the report.
Pages can be added more than once with different settings if desired.
Once you’ve selected and configured the pages for the report, click
The Report Date section allows you to select the date at which data included will end.
- Fixed Report End Date: Choose a calendar date to end the report. This date will stay constant no matter when the report package is run.
- Floating Date: Calculate the end date based on the date the Report Package is run.
- Prior Business Day: Report data will end on the previous business day.
- Ending Date Last Week: Report data will end on the last business day of the prior week.
- Ending Date Last Month: Report data will end on the last business day of the prior month.
- Ending Date Last Quarter: Report data will end on the last business day of the prior quarter.
- Ending Date Last Year: Report data will end on the last business day of the prior year.
Once the selection is made, click
Select when you would like the report to run:
- Save for Later: Save report to be run on-demand whenever needed. See Manually Running Report Packages for more details.
- Repeats: Select an interval, start, and end settings to create the report on the schedule you need.
- One Time: The Report Package will run once on the date you selected.
- Daily: The Report Package is run every 1 to 30 days based on the Starts On date.
- Weekly: The Report Package will run every 1 to 30 weeks, on the days of the week selected.
- Monthly: The Report Package will run every 1 to 30 months, either on a calendar date selected (such as the 5th of the month) or a particular day of the week (such as the 2nd Tuesday) based on the Starts On date.
- Quarterly: The Report Package will run every 3 months, either on a calendar date selected (such as the 5th of the month) or a particular day of the week (such as the 2nd Tuesday) based on the Starts On date.
- Yearly: The Report package will run every 1 to 30 years based on the Starts On date.
Tip! To save a Report Package in a “Draft” state without being set to run, use the Repeats One Time setting and select a date in the past.
Select whether to Automatically post reports to client portal or not when the Report Package runs.
Select whether to Display only last 4 digits of account numbers in any table featuring accounts. If deselected, the entire account number will be shown.
when all options are set.
Review the Summary and
to make changes if needed.
If all is correct, click
Once finished, the report package will be assigned an ID and be available in the list of report packages that have been created.
Customizing a Client's Report Packages
By default, a client will receive the company-wide default Report Packages at whichever interval they are set for. It is possible, at the Household, Client, and Account level each, to customize which Report Packages are received or to suppress ...
Report Packager Overview
The Report Packager allows you to create consistent reporting across your clients at regular intervals. Through the setup process, the report structure is created, allowing you to decide which data to present to your client in the order you choose. ...
Report Packager Page Library
This article describes all the available Report Pages that can be added to a Report Package when Creating Report Packages. Available Page Library: Activity Detail Activity Summary Cover Page Custom Advisor Letter Disclaimer Page Holdings Report ...
Manually Running Report Packages
Report Packages are designed to be scheduled and run automatically at intervals for the Accounts, Clients, or Households to which they are assigned. However, it is possible to manually run a Report Package for either an individual Account, Client, or ...
Report Package Audit Features
The Report Packager allows you to view the historical data of each occasion that each Report Package was run. Navigate to Grow Practice > Customization > Report Packages. Locate the Report Package you wish to view data for. Click the expand control ...