The Client Portal settings page allows you to configure the experience your clients have on your Client Portal. Many of these settings will be established by your Onboarding Engineer in onboarding, but you can always come to this section to make edits and changes to the existing setup.
Client Portal Tab
The Client Portal Site Settings section is located in Run Business > Firm Profile > Client Portal.
The page will default to the main Tenant profile. To edit the Client Portal for a subtenant, select the subtenant by name or advisor code from one of the drop-downs in the upper right and click
Client Portal Setting Options
Caution! When making any changes to the settings below, be sure to changes at the bottom of the page before navigating away.
This is where a firm establishes the support contact information for the client portal, along with the designated rep code for new accounts being opened. The initial setup to this area will be done with your Onboarding Engineer during onboarding. The following fields and options are controlled in this section:
- Initial Login Email: The From email address that will be shown when a client receives a welcome email after being added as a user to the Client Portal.
- Reset Password Email: The From email address that will be shown when a client receives a password reset email for Client Portal access.
- Confirm Proposal Email: The From email address that will be shown when a client receives an email to confirm their Proposal.
Warning! Editing any of the above email addresses requires new DNS records to be established. Contact AdvisorEngine Support before making any changes.
- Firm Name: The firm name that will be displayed on the Client Portal and be contained in the subject of any automatic emails sent from the wealth platform.
- Primary Authorized Agent/Advisor: Name of the Agent/Advisor for the firm. Used only with Fidelity integration.
- Additional Authorized Agent/Advisor: An additional Agent/Advisor for the firm. Used only with Fidelity integration.
- Advisor Code: New accounts created through the Client Portal will automatically be assigned to this Advisor Code.
- Firm Type: Should currently only be set to Investment Only.
- Primary G Number: G Number used for Fidelity integration. Part of an optional setup that will be configured by your Onboarding Engineer if they are needed.
- Additional G Number: Additional G Numberused for Fidelity integration. Part of an optional setup that will be configured by your Onboarding Engineer if they are needed.
- Document Signer Override: Used in conjunction with Override Advisor Email Address to have any DocuSign packages sent to a different Advisor.
- User Authentication
- Logout After: Clients will be automatically logged out of the Client Portal after the inactivity period set here.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Require Clients to enter a code sent via text or email to log into the Client Portal. If enabled, you must also set the frequency of requiring a code to be entered.
- User Registration
- Manual Activation: Advisors can create and activate End-Client Users for the Client Portal from within the platform without the clients needing to visit the Client Portal first.
- Allow Registration: Visitors to the Client Portal create a login and register for the Client Portal without needing an Advisor to create an account for them.
- Firm/Advisor Document Attachments: Select which documents will be pushed to the final DocuSign package.
- Proposal Only
- Account Only
- Account & Proposal
- Override Advisor Email Address: Used in conjunction with Document Signer Override to have any DocuSign packages sent to a different Advisor.
- Auto-Display Model Details: When taking a questionnaire, the details of the asset classes in the recommended model are displayed in a collasable list. This setting determines if the list is collasped or expanded by default.
- Enable Landing Page: If the landing page is disabled, prospects who come to the Client Portal for the first time will be taken directly to the first question of the questionnaire.
- User questionnaire manager: Select how questionnaires are presented to Clients in the Client Portal. You can show one question at a time, all at once, or dynamically based on the number of questions.
Monte Carlo Simulation Preferences
This section is currently not functional.
End-Client Recommendation Override
When a client or prospect reaches the end of a Questionnaire they are given a recommended investment Model. After accepting the recommended Model the client may choose a different model from their Client Portal page based on the setting below:
- Never Allow: There will not be an option to select a different model.
- Only Select More Conservative: Only more conservative models will be available to select.
- Select Within Range: The number entered here is how many models in either direction (aggressive or conservative) a client/prospect may select from the recommended model.
- Always Allow: Clients/prospects will see the recommended model along with all of the other models in the track, with the option to select any of them.
Generate New IPS for Portfolio Changes
Changes made to a client’s portfolio will create a new IPS and require clients to confirm the changes made from the Client Portal.
The Require End Client Approval? checkbox means the end client will need to digitally sign the new IPS through DocuSign before the changes can go into effect. If this is left unchecked, the new IPS will be generated but the end client will not have to sign the new version.
See Generating a New IPS for Portfolio Changes for more details.
Client Portal Visual Branding
Set a custom logo and color scheme from the available options to make the Client Portal match your Firm.
Logos should be on white or transparent background with a maximum width of 250px.
Color schemes currently available:
The domain will be used for clients to access the client portal. Your primary domain is configured as part of your purchase and onboarding and cannot be changed from this screen. For subtenants it is possible to set a custom, separate domain rather than be an extension of the existing domain if needed. Speak with AdvisorEngine Support if you need to configure a new domain.
If you are configuring a Subtenant and want a separate, branded login page for the Subtenant site, select the Enable Subtenant Login Page. If this is disabled, all clients will log in from the main Tenant login page and be routed to the correct Tenant/Subtenant page based on which their login belongs to.
This area controls the sections and tabs that are available to Clients on the Client Portal. To remove access to main tabs or sub-tabs, uncheck the section. The following pages and sections are available:
- Overview Panel: The main landing page of the Client Portal. Cannot be disabled, only sections of it.
- About: Section detailing the firm itself. Configured in Template Texts.
- Pricing: Explains tiers of fees as defined in the Default Fee Schedule.
- Progress Chart: Shows a chart of where the Client is in the Portfolio creation and Account opening process.
- Portfolio Creation: Button for beginning the Questionnaire and allowing Portfolio creation.
- Documents: Adds left-side tab allowing Clients to see posted account documents and any other documents uploaded by the Advisor. Does not allow the Client to upload documents for the Advisor.
- Advisor Profile: Enables the Advisor panel on the right, showing photo and other details about the Advisor.
- Net Worth / Plan: Tab allowing Clients to aggregate accounts and see total net worth and investments.
- Data Aggregation: Section allowing Clients to connect outside accounts by entering their credentials for other financial institutions.
- Planning: Shows the progress a Client has made toward a set goal with the Planning-type questionnaire (Not currently supported).
- Portfolio Analytics: Gives insight on all accounts held with the firm and any others added through the Data Aggregation section.
- Backtest: See the performance of the portfolio over the past.
- Future Forecast: Project future performance based on the historical data.
- Risk/Return Graph: Shows the Risk/Return of the current model and activity in a graph.
- Risk/Return Widget: Enables the Projected Annual Risk and Annual Standard Deviation Risk percentages on the Client Portal. Deactivating this widget will withhold the values.
- Investment Statistics: Enables the Investment Statistics graph within the Details of a portfolio.
- Account: Section allowing Clients to open and manage Accounts.
- Opening: Allows self-led digital onboarding so Clients can open Accounts themselves through the Client Portal.
- Transfer Money - Non-IRA: Allows fund transfers through ACH to non-IRA accounts.
- Deposits: Allows depositing of money into a non-IRA Account.
- Withdrawals: Allows withdrawing of money from a non-IRA Account.
- Transfer Money - IRA: Allows fund transfers through ACH to IRA accounts.
- Deposits: Allows depositing of money into an IRA Account.
- Withdrawals: Allows withdrawing of money from an IRA Account.
- Transfer Asset: Allows asset transfers through ACAT.
- Investments: Allows Clients to see performance and account activity for all aggregated and opened Accounts.
- Performance: Shows projected performance based on model and history.
- Holdings: Shows a detailed list of holdings in all opened Accounts.
- Strategies: Shows strategies tied to opened Accounts. Only used in conjunction with sleeves.
- Activity: Shows historical activity in opened Accounts.
End-Client Opportunity Name: Change the name of a Client Opportunity displayed on the Client Portal (default: Portfolio).
Maximum Recommended Instrument %: This field is unused.
Controls default settings for opening an account on the Client Portal. Available options include:
- Model Name on IPS: Adds the Model Name to the completed IPS.
- Disable Driver’s License Tag: Removes requirement for Client to upload a copy of their Driver’s license during the signature process.
- Send Email for Move Money: When any money movement is initiated, the client will receive an email notification.
- Lock Forms in DocuSign: Forms may not be moved or deleted in DocuSign.
- Require Attachment for ACAT Transfer: Any ACAT transfer will require the Client to upload an ACAT statement during the signature process.
- Email End Client for Account Opening: When an account is opened at the Custodian, the end client will receive a confirmation email.
- Require Attachment for Standing Instruction: Standing instructions from a new bank will require supporting documentation such as a voided check.
- Account Number Assignment: When an Account is created on the Client Portal, select which account number type that number is pulled from: Asset-based Pricing, Transaction-based Pricing, or WRAP Fee. Applies to TDA firms only.
- Number of DocuSign Auth Attempts: How many attempts the Client receives to pass the LexisNexis verification process before they are locked out and must be reset by the advisor or wait for the lockout period to pass.
- Portfolio: Select the Questionnaire that the Client will be taken through when beginning the portfolio process on the Client Portal.
Warning! If you need to change the Questionnaire used on the Client Portal and have Clients that have taken the existing Questionnaire, do not change the questionnaire here. Contact AdvisorEngine Support for assistance in migrating your existing clients to the new questionnaire.
- Exclude from Platform: The Questionnaire set above will not be available as an option for Advisor-led Portfolio creation.
The Notifications section allows you to add your own custom Secondary Notifications to the Client Portal. See Setting Up Client Portal Notifications for more information.
The Contact Us page on the Client Portal allows users to submit questions to your customer support without leaving the portal. It automatically pulls in client details so that your support team has the information they need to quickly answer user questions. The following setup options are available for this section:
- Contact Us Email Address: The email address that will receive support inquiries.
- Display FAQ section: Enable the FAQ section (below) on the Contact Us page.
- Accessible to logged in users only: The Contact Us section will only be available after an End-Client User has logged in to the Portal.
- Display chat: This feature is currently unavailable.
- Display phone options: Phone support hours and the phone number will be hidden at all times if this is disabled.
- Display after support hours: Show phone support hours and the phone number outside of the set support hours.
- Phone Support Hours: Set the days and hours your firm offers phone support.
The display of the Contact Us section depends on certain Template Texts as well.
If enabled above, the FAQ section allows you to have ready answers to frequent client questions available on your Client Portal. FAQs can appear on the Contact Us page (see above), in their own page on the Client Portal, or both.
- Display FAQ page: Enable a separate page for FAQs.
- Accessible to logged in users only: If this is not selected, the FAQ page will be available on the login screen of the Client Portal.
For details on creating FAQs and FAQ Categories see Setting up Client Portal FAQs.