Customizing the Client Portal per User
Once a client exists as an End-Client User, you can edit individual settings for their Client Portal if needed. To make Per-User changes for the Client Portal:
- Navigate to Run Business > User Management > End-Client Access.
- Locate the client to edit in the list. You can filter to see only Clients with active Client Portal users using the drop-down in the upper left or use the Search box in the upper right to search by Group Name, User Name, or Account Numebr.
- Click the in the Actions column of the client’s row. The End-Client User Settings window will open. gear
- Adjust any settings as needed:
- First Name, Last Name: Name that appears on the Client Portal.
Note: Name changes here only affect the Platform. You will need to make the same change with the Custodian as well.
Click when all changes are made.
- User ID: Manually update the end-client’s email address.
- Active User: Manually enable or disable the end-client’s access to the Client Portal.
- Reset Password: Send the User ID an email to create a new password. The link in the email will be valid for 24 hours.
- Monte Carlo Preferences: This setting is not currently used.
- Robo Eligible?: By default all accounts will be Robo Eligible. Clear the checkbox for any accounts that you do not want the User to be able to manage themselves on the Client Portal. Account will still be visible on the Portal.
- Access: Use this section to override which sections of the Client Portal this user will see. You can toggle tabs on and off, sections of tabs on or off, and use the Pin control to determine the client's default landing tab. If no changes are made, the user will see the default experience defined in Run Business > Firm Profile > Client Portal.
- Delete: Completely remove the User. Cannot be undone.
End-Client User Management
The End-Client Access workspace allows you to manage who has access to the Client Portal, create and invite new users, and edit what they can see in their particular portal. To access the End-Client Access workspace, navigate to Run Business > User ...
Creating and Inviting Users to the Client Portal
End-Client access to the Client Portal is automatic for anyone who has gone through the prospect flow and created a profile for themselves. For clients who have had accounts opened through the Advisor-led process, access to the Client Portal must be ...
Client Portal Prospect Flow and User Signup
The Client Portal can be used as a welcome for prospects that are not onboarded by an advisor directly. Prospects can be invited to your Client Portal via an invitation link that you can email or post on your website. This link invites the prospect ...
Benchmarks for Client Portal
Advisors can now expose the same comparative benchmarks they see in their advisor platform to their end-clients through the Client Portal. See Performance Settings in Performance Benchmarks: Administration for details on activating this feature. ...
Client Portal Navigation and Features
Once a prospect or client has been registered as a Client Portal user, they can log in to the primary Client Portal interface. The various options and functionalities are described below. Any user in a household with a login has access to the same ...