Adding and Editing Asset Classes
Asset classes give a user-friendly name to Instruments and also allow you to collect your Instruments into groups to be used by your Models.
Adding New Asset Classes
To add new Asset Classes:
- Navigate to Grow Practice > Customization > Asset Classes.
- Click in the upper right.
- Fill in the necessary content in the available fields. Do not Add Instruments yet.
- Name: Give a name to the Asset Class.
- Category: Assign a category to the Asset Class; Cash, Bonds, Stocks, or Other.
- Platform Color: The color this Asset Class will appear on the Wealth Platform. Does not affect Client Portal coloring, which is determined by the Category setting.
- Sort Order: Lower numbers appear first. Default is 1 – cash, 2 – bonds, 3 – stocks, 4 – other.
- Limit change from recommended value: The percentage an Advisor can re-allocate this Asset Class in the Portfolio Builder. For example, if this value is set to 20, the Asset Class can be adjusted to be 20% more or less of the portfolio than the default. Set to 0 (zero) to prevent changes to this Asset Class in the Portfolio Builder.
- Description: Provide an overview of the Asset Class.
If you wish to add Instruments to this Asset Class later or reassign existing Instruments, click
. Instruments for this Asset Class can be created, added, or adjusted from the Instrument List tab later.
If you wish to wish to create Instruments for the Asset Class now, continue below.
Click at the bottom of the page to save your entries so far and add the new Asset Class.
Click under Instruments.
Fill in the new Instrument details. See Adding and Editing Instruments for details.
The Asset Class field will update automatically when this process is completed and does not need to be edited.
Continue adding new Instruments as needed.
For most cases, when all Instruments are added, ensure that the total Ratio for all included Instruments equals 100.
Click to finish.
Editing or Deleting Asset Classes
- To edit or delete an Asset Class, navigate to Grow Practice > Customization > Asset Classes.
- Click the Name of an Asset Class to open it in edit mode.
- Make any needed changes.
- At the bottom of the form are the three options to continue:
- Update: Save and commit changes but stay in the edit form.
- Update and close: Save and return to the Instrument list.
- Delete: Remove the Instrument from the platform. This cannot be undone.
Adding and Editing Instruments
Create, edit, and manage Instruments in the Instrument List Page. Instruments are the actual Securities (such as a mutual fund or stock) that make up the building blocks of Models. Instruments are placed into Asset Classes to provide a more generic ...
Adding and Editing Models
The Models page allows users to create, edit, and manage models. Adding New Models Navigate to Grow Practice > Customization > Models. Click Actions > + Add New in the upper right. Fill in the necessary content in the available fields: Display Name: ...
Adding and Editing Questions
The Grow Practice > Customization > Questions tab provides a list of all possible questions that can be selected to create a Questionnaire used during the client onboarding process. Adding New Questions To create new Questions for use in ...
Adding and Editing Questionnaires
Create, edit, and manage questionnaires used for client onboarding in the Questionnaires tab. Prior to creating a Questionnaire, the Questions you want to use must be configured in the Grow Practice > Customization > Questions tab. See Adding and ...
Adding Advisor Codes
Advisor Codes, also known as Rep Codes, typically come from the Custodian to establish management of accounts. Advisor Codes are important in the Wealth Platform to do the same. Reps will be associated with these codes so any accounts that are opened ...